AIHR Learning Bite: People Management: 3 Dos and Don’ts
What makes a good manager? In this video, we’ll highlight several dos and don’ts of people management:
- Do: Give (a lot of) feedback
- Don’t: Underestimate a manager’s impact on employee retention
- Do: Hire men, women (and Millennials) to be a manager
Here are a few of the biggest discrepancies in terms of personality traits that were often found in great managers, but less so in good managers:
- Makes good decisions
- Listens well
- Cares about my career & personal development
- Motivates others
- Makes sure my voice/ideas are heard and considered
Click here to subscribe to our Learning Bites.
Click here to read our in-depth article.