7 Inclusive Hiring Practices Your Organization Should Implement
The benefits of an inclusive hiring process go well beyond hiring the best person for the job. In this Learning Bite, we share 7 tips for creating an inclusive hiring process.
Inclusive hiring practices improve employee retention and productivity and bring many other organizational benefits. But more importantly, they help us level the playing field for all applicants and fight against recruitment bias and any form of discrimination.
We tend to recruit people who are most like us or hire the same types of people — in other words, falling into a comfortable pattern. However, there are many things your organization can do to establish long-term inclusive hiring practices that benefit everyone.
In this video, we cover 7 steps of an inclusive hiring process:
- Define what diversity and inclusion mean for your organization.
- Write inclusive job descriptions.
- Have a career website that is accessible to all candidates.
- Make inclusion a part of your employer brand.
- Establish diverse interview panels.
- Measure your inclusive hiring program.
- Provide employees with vertical and horizontal career opportunities.
Inclusive hiring practices are vital to every organization’s success, and when built as a core value, their positive outcome trickles down to all departments.
Related (free) resource ahead! Continue reading below ↓
D&I Survery Guide
D&I is a demonstrated benefit to business. Download your free guide to help identify inclusivity blind spots that may affect your employees and your business.