Why Embrace Workplace Generational Differences
AIHR Learning Bite: Why Embrace Workplace Generational Differences
Roughly speaking, there are five generations in the workplace today: The Silent Generation, the Baby Boomers, Gen X, Gen Y, and Gen Z.
The mere fact that each cohort was born in a different political and economic climate, each with its own challenges and technological developments, implies that they look at the workplace through a different lens. The fact that each generation has its own unique skillset, beliefs and competencies to bring to the table means that workforce diversity can:
- Drive innovation;
- Generate skill diversity;
- Generate multiple perspectives;
- Improve decision-making processes;
- Future-proof workforce;
- Offer a competitive advantage;
- Lead to enhanced overall organizational performance and productivity.
Find out more in our in-depth article on generational difference in the workplace.