Age Diversity in The Workplace: 5 Lessons from The Intern
Have you seen the film The Intern from back in 2015? It tells the story of Ben Whittaker (DeNiro), a seventy-year-old Executive that decided to apply as an intern in a scale-up after retirement had become too boring for him. It serves as an excellent analogy for the benefits of age diversity in the workplace.
In this Learning Bite, we describe 5 main takeaways about age diversity in the office and how it can help you improve your organizational performance:
- Age diversity means skills diversity
- Age diversity opens the mind
- Age diversity creates mutual mentors
- Have an adequate onboarding process
- Age diversity makes us nicer people
Every generation brings a different set of skills and mindset to the table, and you do not want to miss out on that.