5 Key Success Factors of a Performance Appraisal
AIHR Learning Bite: 5 Key Success Factors of a Performance Appraisal
Performance appraisal is a method to regularly evaluate an employee’s job performance and overall contribution to the company in order to improve that performance. Performance appraisal is also referred to as the performance review, performance evaluation, and employee appraisal.
Every company does performance appraisals differently. However, there are several best practices that every manager should know for employee performance appraisals.
- Use a clear outline for the conversation.
- Involve the employee as much as possible.
- Always start with the bad news.
- Give feedback on a regular basis.
- Carefully document your employee performance appraisal sessions.
Find out more in our in-depth article on performance appraisal.