360-Degree Feedback in a Nutshell
AIHR Learning Bite: 360-Degree Feedback in a Nutshell
360-degree feedback is an instrument to get performance ratings and feedback from subordinates, peers, customers, suppliers, and supervisors.
The goal of using 360 feedback is to get feedback from different sources about performance and areas of improvement.
Here are 10 multi-rater feedback best practices.
- Relevant content
- Credible data
- Census participation
- Engage all relevant stakeholders
- Clear communication
- Create urgency and reward
- Plan follow-ups
- Development vs. evaluation
- Integration of goals and competencies
When making 360-degree feedback questions, try to follow these steps:
- Select the competencies per function that add most to superior performance.
- Define 3-4 behaviours per competency.
- End with open feedback.
Find out more in our in-depth article on 360 degree feedback.